/
0 Comments
hello lovelies,

Yajaira here!! It is currently 2:39AM and I am still up. Doing what, you ask? Well procrastinating on studying and doing this instead of course! Haha!

Today on this lovely blog I'm going to share with you what I think of Justin Bieber's recent interview with Complex Magazine!

In the past couple of days the magazine Complex published a new article with the one and only Justin Bieber speaking about his faith. Of course after having an obsession with him since I was a freshman in high school, I decided to write a post on him and his faith! 
After seeing Justin grow up in the media for about 7 years now, social media and crazy fanatic girls have not left him alone since the moment Baby and One Time hit the music industry. I being one of those crazy girls, have kept up to date with every new song, every bad press article and every bad video that comes out of Justin doing something inappropriate. However, I have also kept up with the good. I see the visits he makes at hospitals, the times he goes visits children in Africa and the multiple times that he has made someones dream come true by getting to meet them.
In the article The Deep End by Joe La Puma, Justin spoke up about his faith. This is not the first time that Justin has spoken about being a Christian. In the past, when he was first beginning his career, Justin mentioned and thanked God for all the things that were happening in his life. As he grew up, things spiraled out of control and his bad decisions were always there for all of the world to see. In The Deep End, Justin talked about how no Christian is perfect and how everyone makes mistakes. This article has become very popular in the past couple of days because some people see it as if he is just trying to redeem himself for the reputation he has had up to now and some people see it as a bold move as a Christian to speak up and say yes I have flaws, I mess up, but my God will always be there for me. I being also being a young Christian know what it is like to mess up multiple times and get judged because of things that we do. 
My favorite part of the article was when Justin said, “At this point, my faith has gotten me to where I am. My faith has brought me to a whole other level. I love talking about my faith” because you can see the same boy just in a different time in his life. 

In this article, Joe La Puma says “I have family members who talk a lot about religion.” almost as if it is a bad thing and Justin replies with him saying he knows many Christians can leave a bad taste in peoples mouth by being too pushy with religion. Christians over the past several years have gained bad reputations from trying to push religion down peoples throats and not being able to communicate their belief. I think that Justin did a great job of sharing with the world his faith and letting people around the world see that no Christian is perfect or is called to be perfect, we are only called to try and live our best like Jesus. Not be Jesus. 


love, Yaya 


You may also like

No comments:

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.